The corset is a beautiful thing, the ultimate show of femininity (well in my opinion at least!). So for quite a while I have wanted to make one, and here is my first attempt. I used Vogue 8325, with a couple of changes. For instance, instead of using plastic boning, I used steel spiral wire boning. Instead of normal hooks and eyes, I used chunky corset hook and eye tape. And I also changed the size of the eyelets, so I could use a specific lacing bone. I had a couple of problems along the way- I cut the boning a bit to long (though I did exactly as the pattern said!) and it started to pop thorough the seams a bit. So I used bias binding to hide the problem!
But apart from that I think it has turned out quite well for a first attemptâ¦And its fits like a dream!I used a blue/white classic brocade, which I think looks a bit victorian... to mix it up a bit, as the brocade is double sided and the colours of the pattern are reversed, I used different sides of the fabric for different pannels. Its quite suble, but you can just about tell that some roses are blue, and some are white.
Ive put some pics up here of construction and the final product..
Anyways, let me know what you guys think.