I wanted to create an eerie scene using elements from images and photoshop brushes. Firstly I worked on the vampire I found a picture of a beautiful model that I thought would be perfect for my picture. I wanted a cracked texture for her skin. I find that cracked mud or cracked clay works well for this as you get bold cracks and minimal texture between.
I made a few adjustments to the cracked texture image so there was just enough information for what was needed for the vampire.
Next I created a new layer and used the pen tool to go around her eyes to create a selection then refined the edge and filled with black I then used white and created the light reflections to the eyes.
Now that is done i found some vampire teeth on an image of a mouth then added a layer mask and painted over till there were just 4 front teeth these were going to be her new teeth that would sit under her lip. once I had the teeth ready i sized and warped them to fit in her mouth. i then used a fine line of black to emphasize the teeth this was done on an opacity of about 48% so the black was not to bold.
Now it is time for the blood I had a blood splatter render of which i made 4 copies as I wanted different sections i placed the drips over her eyes then masked out till i had it fitting under the eyes perfectly then did the same for the mouth I had to paint in more black inside her mouth creating a bigger hole.
and made it look like the blood was spilling over her lip.
With that done it was time to work on the asylum I started with a stock image then added the photo of the little girl she already was set for horror so saved me having to do that to a normal girl. With the 2 images i now moved the girl out of the way Whilst I created A mist in the back doorway. Then i placed and scaled the image over the doorway entrance and brought the fill slider down to about 40% then using a mask i removed a lot of the picture so her head looked ghost like. I then did a bit of dodge and burning to enhance her features.
it was time to add the vampire that I created earlier she was to be right at the front of the image like a greater I removed all her background.
there was a section in the asylum that was black and looked out of place when i put her there So i created another wall behind her with the clone tool and sampled different areas to create a new wall with pillar.
With this all done it was time to apply a colour cast I went with a rich sepia which casted a shade rather than just block colour so no details were lost.
With this done it was time for more dodge and burning this time i focused on the building i placed diagonal lines from the ghost forwards on the floor to portray depth. i then used single strokes in a random fashion to emphasize the dereliction of the asylum and make my image complete I have included the images used.