Step 1: Tolls and material.
It should be noted that even though I used a lot of different tools, it is by no means necessary to use all of these. A saw can be made with minimal tools and material.
- Blade from store bought saw.
- 1 1/2" pine scraps. 2 @ 10". 1@ 20"
- 2 bolts sized to fit through holes in blade, with nuts.
- 1 piece of paracord about 40" long. (Not pictured.)
- Small toggle stick for torsion cord.
- Table saw.
- Router table.
- Measuring tape.
- 1/8" Roundover router bit.
- Eye protection.
- Hearing protection.
- Push sticks and feather boards to keep fingers away from spinning saw blades. They really hurt.
- Dust collection.
It's pretty simple. if you're not comfortable doing something, Don't do it!
OK, enough of the lecture, let's get to work.