Introduction: Pokemon Go Plus Mod Using NFC!
Have you ever been playing with you're Pokemon Go Plus and have been wondering "Could this device be any simpler to use?" Well I am here to show you how to mod you're Plus in a cheap and easy way. And to make you're Pokemon experience even more of a thrill!
This instruction will teach you how to turn your Pokemon Go Plus into a NFC Bluetooth activator/ Pokemon Go app activator!
This mod is super useful in activating your Pokemon Go Plus and starting up the game without the hassle of taking the time to turn on Bluetooth and the game individually. This mod is super simple and in some cases can only cost you about 1-2$!
Step 1: Items Needed
The items you will need are:
- Pokemon Go Plus
- A smartphone that has NFC (if you are unsure if your phone has NFC, check your phones setting or check the phone specifications online)
- A NFC tag (links in the last page. tags must be flexible and not made of PVC)
- A pair of scissors or a pocket knife
- A small bit Philips screwdriver ( Check the dollar store for a glasses repair kit if you do not have a bit this small)
Items not listed are:
Step 2: Step One: Disassembly
Take the small bit screwdriver and remove the back casing on the Plus. Be extra careful not to lose the micro cell battery!
Step 3: Step 2: Cutting the Tag
Cut the tag alongside the wax paper. Make sure to not cut the metal antennas hidden underneath as that will make your tag unusable!
I decided to cut the tag to size with the wax paper still attached. Makes the tag reusable for later project if you decide to use the tag elsewhere.
Step 4: Step 3: Placing the Tag in the Plus
Next you will need to affix the tag into the backing plate of the Plus. I used some Electrical tape to hold the tab in place but it is not a necessary thing to do.
Step 5: Step 4 : Download Some Apps
You will need to turn on your NFC on you're desired smartphone and download this app (App)
Step 6: Step 5: Setup
Here are the steps to set your tag up:
- Press the "+" button to make a new task
- Press the NFC trigger in the "Add a Trigger" menu
- Do not set any restrictions on the "Add restrictions" menu. You want this trigger to be on anytime you need it
- Next, choose the action. Choose the Bluetooth option and check mark the Bluetooth On/Off box (Optional: check mark the open application in the "Applications & Shortcuts" menu and select "Pokemon Go"
- Set the Bluetooth mode to "Toggle" or "Bluetooth on" depending on preference
- Place the tag over the devices NFC antenna when addressed to do so( antenna usually located on the back of the phone)
- The tag should have been successfully written. If not, try repeating the steps or getting a new tag as the tag you are using may be either broken or unusable
Step 7: Step 6: Finishing Up
Place the backing back on the Plus and use the Phillips screwdriver to put it all back together. Make sure to not tighten the back plate on very tight as you will crush the tag!
Step 8: Step 7: Testing and Completion
Take the tag and have the back plate of the Plus touch the back of the phone. The tag should activate the Bluetooth and open the Pokemon Go app if you did that step. If you could not get the tag to be read, re position the tag in the Plus till you get an optimal spot where it can be read easily.
Step 9: Step 8: All Done
And there you go! Go out and play! You're mod is all finished and you have a fully functioning device that is able to do more than get items and catch Pokemon!
Thank you for viewing my Instructions on how to turn your Pokemon Go Plus into a NFC Bluetooth activator/ Pokemon Go app activator! If you have any questions or ideas to add, please comment below
Purchasing of tags are on the next page.
Also here is a link to where I got my Pokemon GO skin in case anyone was wondering (LINK)
Step 10: NFC Tag Purchase
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.