My Daughter shared this recipe with me several years ago. I think she MAY have gotten it from a low carb site, but I've made many changes to it, and I encourage you to do so as well. I will post some of the variations.
Step 1: Step 1: Gather Ingredients
1. FROZEN (do NOT thaw) Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts.....as few as 2, or as many as 6 with no change in other amounts
2. 1 Medium size jar of your choice of Salsa (at least 16 oz)
3. 2 Medium (15.5 oz) cans of your choice of beans.......I like Black Beans
4. Sour Cream
Step 2: Step 2: Assemble
Step 3: Step 3: the Beans
Drain the beans IF YOU WANT.....You don't have to at all, OR you could drain, and rinse only 1 can.
Step 4: Step 4: the Chicken
Step 5: Step 5: Add the Beans
Step 6: Step 6: the Salsa
DO NOT add any salt or pepper
Once you get home, serve the chicken "as is" or top with sour cream.
OR shred the chicken for burritos, or tacos, and "dress them up" however you want with lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes
OR shred the chicken and serve over rice with the beans on the side
Step 7: Variations
2. CREAM CHEESE The original recipe said to put a whole 8oz brick of cream cheese on top of the salsa in the slow cooker for the last 10 minutes of cooking.......I never seem to have the cream cheese, but always have sour cream, or Greek Yogurt to searve on top.
3. GRILLED VEGGIES I had a whole bowl of left over grilled veggies (onion, zucchini, bell peppers) that I added to the top for the last 10 minutes of cooking time, just to warm up.
4. RICE Serve over white, or mexican rice
5.TORTILLAS Serve the chicken, beans, and salsa rolled in a flour tortilla, or layer in hard corn tortilla