Introduction: NZXT S340 Elite Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapping
A little about s340 elite
Material(s) Tempered glass side panel, Steel, ABS plastic
Motherboard Support mini-ITX MicroATX, ATX
I/O Ports 1x Audio/Mic2x USB 3.02x USB 2.0HDMI with VR Support
Filters Front (Included)Bottom Rear(Included)
Drive Bays Internal 3.5": 2+1 Internal 2.5": 3+1
Expansion Slots 7
Fan Support Front: 2x 140/2x120mm Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included) Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)
Radiator Support Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm Rear 1 x 120mm Clearance GPU Clearance With Radiator: 334mm GPU Clearance Without Radiator: 364mm CPU Cooler: 161mm
Cable Management Lowest Point - 17mm; Highest Point 168mm
Materials required for this modification
- Screw driver set
- scissors ( sharp/new )
- Blade ( sharp/new )
- Carbon fiber vinyl ( 2x4 feet enough )
- Cloth for cleaning ( Tissue will do too )
* New/sharp scissors and blade give nice smooth edges and cutting is easier too. Especially while trimming extra vinyl edges a sharp blade is much much better then an old used one
The blade that i used or the new razor blades are very sharp and they cut through skin without you knowing until you start seeing blood dripping on your work
Step 1: Getting Ready
- Remove every thing from the case that can be removed and place them in the case box so u have easy access inside the case and things dnt get scratched for nothing.
- Measure the part with a ruler that you want to apply carbon fiber on.
- Cut the carbon fiber vinyl a lil extra then required like (0.5 inch extra) just to be on the safe side.
- Clean the surface with a cloth/tissue to make sure that there is no dirt so that vinyl gets a good grip on surface.
Step 2: Applying CF and Final Looks
* Some people use credit cards or PVC cards to smooth out the vinyl i use my thumb. Cards sometimes if pressed hard against the vinyl can damage or ad scratches.
* Take your time and set the initial angle/ place to start applying the vinyl. If start goes well end will be well. ( Take your time, you can take even more then me :D )
* You can also use a hair dryer to help you with uneven surface like the engraved text ( Like the NZXT logo on the reservoir rack ). Heat the vinyl it makes it flexible and then push it with your thumb to settle in.
Skip the video to 4:00 to see how i applied carbon fiber vinyl.
Questions are Welcomed :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.