Introduction: Nan Dickson's Short Bread Recipe
Making short bread is surprising really easy. It is usually cooked with three ingredients sugar, flour and butter. If you want to make some incredible shortbread though, my Nan makes a good one! One batch makes 7 small dinner plate serves which can be cut into portions. Milk will be needed as these are incredibly dry.
Step 1: Ingredients
500gms Butter (I chose unsalted)
1 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 cups rice flour (not ground rice)
brown paper/grease proof paper
Step 2: Process
1. mix sifted icing sugar and butter in mixer (butter at room temp)
2. sift all other ingredients into a separate bowl
3. mix the two gradually together
4. roll into 7 balls
5. cut grease paper into small plate size
6. flatten balls of dough onto paper to finger thick
7. cut into 6ths but not all the way through
8. prick flattened dough with fork all over
9. cook in over on grease proof paper on medium/hot for 20-30mins
10. cool on wire rack
11. dust with icing sugar
12. store in air tight container
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.