This recipe is very simple. I hope you enjoy it!
Step 1: Ingredients
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. karo syrup
2 tbsp. butter
Oh, and something to eat the fudge sauce with (e.g. ice cream or strawberries)
Step 2: Directions
2. Stir and heat sauce until it reaches 220 degrees on the candy thermometer
3. Once the sauce has reached 220 degrees remove from heat
4. Place the butter on top of your sauce and let it melt.
5. Stir the melted butter into the sauce.
6. Serve immediately (for quickly melted ice cream) or serve it later at room temperature. I would recommend letting it cool to room temperature.
See! Wasn't that easy!
Step 3: Results and Notes
The saucepan in the image is where I put the fudge sauce to cool.
My grandmother noted that 220 degrees is for Phoenix, Arizona. If for some reason your sauce ends up being a bit off, you may be able to blame it on the difference in altitude and just tweak the recipe.
Let me know how it turns out!