Introduction: Nasi Lemak
One of the most popular dishes in malaysia is " Nasi Lemak" . Nasi Lemak is the most famous among the malay food. it is hot, spicy and rich.
I ) Nasi Lemak
1 cup rice
3 screwpine leaves
salt to taste
1 grated coconut
1. Clean the rice and drain
2. Squeeze out 2 cups of thick coconut milk with screwpine leaves. Add in salt.
3. If you desire, you can also add in some sliced shallots and ginger.
4. Serve this rice with sliced hard-boiled eggs, cucumber and sambal ikan bilis.
II) Sambal Ikan Bilis
1 bombay onion
1/2 cup dried ikan bilis ( anchovies )
1 clove garlic
2 tbsps tamarind juice
8 dried chillies
Prawn paste ( belacan) ( Optional )
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Fry the ikan bilis until crisp and put aside.
2. Grind the prawn paste together with shallots, garlic, deseeded dried chillies. Slice the bombay onion into rings.
3. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan and fry the ground ingredients until fragrant. Add in the onion rings.
4. Add tamatind juice, salt, sugar.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally until the gravy thickens.
6. Add in the ikan bilis and mix well.
7. Serve with steaming hot Nasi Lemak.