I didn't have much time to do the prints I wanted at the actual hackerspace, since I was answering questions about how to use the stuff and helping people edit their photos so we could print the negatives onto the transparency film, but there was extra dye for me to use later. I'd also ordered some blue to go along with the red and orange that Lumi had sent, in order to make sure people could experiment with all three colors.
My first project, once I'd done some small samples to test the properties of the ink on different fabrics, was a leaf themed splattered design. I wanted one on silk and one on linen. Both pieces of fabric were from articles of thrift store clothing. The silk will be hemmed and used as a play scarf/handkerchief for my kids. The linen will become the side of a tote. My mom is threatening some kind of revolt if she doesn't get the linen tote made from the print.
Inkodye works well on natural fibers. I used some extra techniques after the inkodye, and those are different for protein based fibers (like silk and wool) than for cellulose based fibers (like linen or cotton).