Step 1: Materials and Skills
Yarn, I used superwash wool sock yarn, but any will do.
Yarn Tatting Needle, I used a #2 needle, but match the yarn width to the needle (needles can be found on hhtatting.com)
Step 2: Tat A Ring
2. Once you have your stitches cut your yarn with a tail long enough to thread into the needle, 5-6"
3.Pull the stitches off the needle onto the yarn you just cut careful to keep the stitches facing the same way. Pull firmly until the ring is formed. Do not pull too tight or hiding the ends will be a chore.
4. Tie a double knot.
5. Run the needle under the stitches, re-thread the needle and pull one tail under the stitches. Repeat on the other side with the other tail.
6. Cut the tails.
Step 3: Begin Weaving
2. Begin a fifth ring and before threading the needle place the 4 previous rings on the needle.
3. Close the ring as before, but around the other four.
4. Lay out the rings as pictured.
Step 4: Weave Two Together
2. Lay out the rings just like the first set
3. Begin making another ring, once the stitches are on the needle weave under the first set of rings as shown
4. Pick up the second set of rings and weave over the rings as shown.
5. Thread the needle and close the rings as before making sure the stitches all face the same direction.
6. Lay out all the rings as pictured.