I love glow in the dark things and when I found out that Nerf had GITD darts I bought my first Nerf gun in November 2012. It was the Nerf Nitefinder. I got it on ebay and immediately got to work modifying it with blacks light LED's....I had soooo much fun and never realized how many people loved to modify Nerf guns as well. So I bought the next best thing -The FIRESTRIKE and did the same mod followed by the Maverick and some other guns---- I always love to find the next thing to modify......
-So here's the full guide for the Nerf STRONGARM GLOW TUTORIAL, hope you like it:)
Step 1: Getting Started
Some things you'll need:
1) 3,000-5,000mcd UV LED's, Two 5mm and one 3mm LED Plus 1/2 watt and 1/4 watt 150ohm resistors
2) A 9Volt battery
3) Switches -either a pushbutton, rocker or slide type (A TACT switch for SLAMFIRES is optional)
4) Wires AWG-26 or similar plus heat shrink tubes or electrical tape (JST connector optional)
5) Super Glue or Plastic cement
6) X-ACTO KNIFE (NEW BLADE)
7) A soldering iron plus Rosin FLUX
8) And a DREMEL with a #11 bit and a cutting wheel 409, 420, or 426 work fine
Step 2: LED HOLDER
The first step is to find where your LED holder is going to sit on the gun. I prefer placing the edge of the plastic holder on the flat surface where it just begins to slope.
Step 3: Making your Mark
The hole size for the LED holder is almost 5/16 of an inch so I just made a circle one size smaller 9/32 with a sharpie to make sure I don't over cut the hole.
Step 4: Another look
After you draw your mark separate the two halves of the shell and get the DREMEL with the #115 bit and X-ACTO knife.
Step 5: First Cuts
Okay, so the best way to cut the hole is to DREMEL a half circle on either side then clean it up with the X-ACTO knife and remember not to over cut the hole size.