2. Washed and dried them for shrinkage.
3. Put cushions inside, measured them to fit snugly so they wouldn't be baggy when sat on, marked sewing lines.
4. Sewed along sewing lines.
5. Sewed box corners by flattening the corners and sewing 5" triangle-base seams (the height of cushions)
6. Put in zippers for closure (snaps, velcro, etc. could be used instead).
7. Put the cushions back in to be sure they were smooth and snug; removed the cushions.
8. Cut off the excess fabric, leaving a 1-inch seam allowances.
9. Put the cushions back in
10.Enjoyed my new covers-- which cost a total of $12!
Note: I love these XXL sweatshirts. They could be used for any number of projects, such as messenger bags, laundry bags, jackets, skirts, kids clothes...