Introduction: New Year’s Recipe: Dum Dum Countdown Cookie Pops
Cookie and cake pops are all the rage for both adult and kid’s party food. But instead of baking them with regular sticks, surprise everyone with this fun New Year’s recipe by using Dum Dum lollipops instead!
Our Dum Dum Countdown Cookie Pops can be made using your favorite flavors of Dum Dums, and are decorated to look like a clock chiming midnight!
What you will need:
• Dum Dums
• Sugar Cookie Dough
• Writing Icing
** You can either make or buy the writing icing. A good technique to make your own writing icing is to take very thick icing and put it into a sandwich baggie. Cut a corner off the bottom to use the baggie as a pastry bag.
Directions for baking the cookies:
1. Prepare Sugar Cookie Dough. We used pre-made dough, so all that was required was to cut the tube of dough into cookie-sized discs. But feel free to use your favorite sugar cookie recipe!
Note: When choosing a sugar cookie recipe, make sure you find one that bakes for at least 7-9 minutes, as less time will not allow the Dum Dums to melt properly.
2. Place dough on a cookie sheet. Grease the sheet beforehand if your sugar cookies call for it.
3. Press in the Dum Dums. Gently press one lollipop onto the center of each piece of cookie dough. The Dum Dums will melt, adhering to the cookie. Don’t worry about the sticks catching fire in the oven—they won’t!
4. Bake the Cookies. Use the time indicated by your cookie dough.
Directions for decorating the cookies:
1. Outline the cookies. This border of icing will make them look more like a clock in the end.
2. Add the Numbers. Use your icing to write a 3, 6, 9, and 12, like a clock.
3. Add Clock Hands. Make two clock hands pointing up at the 12—midnight!
Dum Dum Countdown Cookie Pops are one kid’s party food that everyone will want. If you make them for your New Year’s Party, they’re sure to be gone before midnight! Happy New Year!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.