Introduction: No Egg Basousa Recipe
Basbousa is an Egyptian Semolina cake, drenched in syrup, that is best enjoyed for breakfast with a cup of coffee. For a long time, I’ve been trying to find the perfect recipe for this traditional Middle Eastern treat. None of the recipes my mother and aunts know of have worked out well for me, until now. Finally, with a little creativity, I have found the perfect secret ingredient: canned cream!
Step 1: Ingredients+ Tools
- Mixing bowl - Mixer - Byrx - Oven preheated to 350F (180C)
1 can of cream product (the measuring of the following ingredients)
½ can semolina
1 can sugar
¼ can oil
1 can milk powder
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon vanilla powder
Sweetened condensed milk
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
Here the easiest step
1. First, pour the canned cream into the mixing bowl. Use this can to measure the rest of the ingredients.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl.
3. Transfer the semolina mixture into the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
4. Decorate the top with almonds in this step (optional)
5. Broil the top of the Basbousa to gain color (optional)
Step 3: Cooling
Remove the Basbousa from the oven. Pour the condensed milk on the top of the Basbousa. Let the Basbousa cool until the syrup absorbs into the cake.
Step 4: Decorate
Decorate the Basbousa with flowers, almonds, and coconut.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.