Step 1: Materials
1. An old bangle (preferably a plastic or a wooden one)
2. Yarn of two different colors ( I have used blue and white)
Step 2: Getting Started
1. To begin with, hold one end of both the yarns together.
2. Now wrap the yarn once firmly around the bangle and tie a knot, leaving few inches of yarn to tail behind.
3. Ensure that the knot isn’t too tight as you have to untie it at the end.
4. Now cut the yarn to desired length (I have used approximately 3 yards) and wrap them together to make a ball. This makes it easy for the yarn to go through the bangle, while wrapping.
Step 3: Wrapping
1. Hold the bangle in one hand and working yarn in the other.
2. Start wrapping the yarn together around the bangle firmly.
3. Once you have wrapped a generous amount around the bangle, use your fingers to push the section of wraps together so that there isn’t any space left between the wraps.
4. Continue wrapping until you have reached the end of the bangle.
Step 4: The Finishing
1. Once you have reached the end, cut the yarn leaving a few inches behind and untie the first knot as shown in the picture.
2. Now wrap both the ends firmly and secure it with a knot.
3. Push the knot on the inner side of the bangle. Trim off the excess yarn.
Voila! Personalized yarn bangle is ready. You can either use it yourself or gift them to your friends or relatives.
1. It is always better to choose yarn that color- coordinates with your dress.
2. You can also adorn it with some embellishments to make it more attractive or you can keep it simple as it is.
3. You can also use a single color or more than two colors depending on your choice.