This project is so fun and easy, it's a great thing to do with the kids! They'll love wearing the aprons they made and designed with their own hands.
special thanks to drinkmorecoffee for the sassy pics!
Step 1: Supplies
- Vinyl - 1yd
- Duct tape
- Adhesive vinyl for character on front (I found mine on eBay)
- Something to use for a strap
Step 2: Cut Apron
If you can, I recommend you do the same.
If you can't, it's pretty easy to figure out what measurements you want.
- Trace pattern onto back side of vinyl
- Add 1" on all sides for seam allowance
- Cut out along seam allowance lines
- Mark a dotted line 2" inside the cut edge - this is just a guideline to show you where the cut edge of the vinyl will be folded back to when you tape it down
- Make cut marks 1" in from both sides at the top two edges and the top of the sides where the strapping will come out (see red marks in picture)
Step 3: Insert Strap
- Make slits along the hash marks. Add tape on both sides of slit to strengthen and prevent from tearing.
- Feed strapping through these 4 slits as shown.
- If your strapping seems like it will fray, either tie knots in the ends, use a dab of glue on each end, or melt the cut ends. I prefer fire.