The interior is water-proof, making this bag great for carrying, pens, make-up, whatever you can imagine.
Choose an outer fabric that suits your personality and function.
I knew when I saw this adorable Hello Kitty satin in my favorite color, I just couldn't resist.
In fact, I blame the fabric itself for the inception of this entire project. Sometimes it just calls to you!
This project is similar to another one you'll find in the awesome book Simply Sublime Bags by Jodi Kahn
Step 1: Materials
- Paper to make a pattern (opt)
- Fabric - about 8"x11" or so (since I used US legal paper). Customize to suit your needs
- (not pictured) 7" zipper
- Duct tape in color of your choice
- Stapler + staples
Step 2: Make Pattern
- Cut off one margin along the red line.
- Fold paper in thirds to simuate where you want the zipper to be.
- Lay pattern on top of fabric and mark line about 1/2" outside of the edge as your taping area.
Step 3: Tape Fabric
- Cut strips of tape to extend slightly beyond marked lines
- Overlap rows of tape a small amount
- Re-trace pattern onto taped fabric
- Trace 1/2" seam allowance around the outside of the perimeter
- Cut fabric along outer line
Step 4: Apply Zipper
- Lay the zipper upside down on one of the short edges of your face-up fabric (see picture)
- Staple to fabric next to zipper teeth, using the seam marked on the taped side as a guide
- Fold the fabric in half, lining up the unstapled edge of the zipper with the opposite edge of the fabric.
- Staple as above.