Introduction: No Sew (or Knit!) Yarn Infinity Scarf Tutorial
This is a wonderfully Easy DIY No Sew Yarn Scarf tutorial!
Step 1: What You Will Need
What You Will Need:
-Yarn that is 5-7 oz. (5 ounces of Yarn will make a thinner scarf like the white or green scarf shown above. 7 ounces of Yarn will make a thicker one like the red scarf)
-Two Chairs (or one if you want a scarf that doesn't loop around your neck)
-Fabric (use an old shirt, skirt, or any type of scrap fabric)
-Heat and Bond (Found at any local craft store. OR use a glue gun)
-Iron (Only if you choose to use heat and bond to glue your fabric)
Step 2: Lets Begin
1. Start by setting two chairs side by side
2. Wrap the yarn around the back of the two chairs once and tie a knot
3. Now.... wrap, wrap, wrap, and wrap....
4.Try to wrap the yarn tight around the chairs... and keep wraping until the ball of yarn is almost gone.
Step 3: Knot the End of the Yarn
1. When you are done wrapping take the end of the last wrapped piece and tie it to the first knot you made when you began
Step 4: Take Wrapped Yarn Off Chairs
1. Take the wrapped yarn off of the chairs, twist it a couple of times, then lay it on the floor.
2. Make a triangle with it.
3. Cut three pieces of yarn and tie them around each corner of the triangle
Step 5: Add Scrap Fabric to Scarf
1. Cut out three pieces of fabric.
-The fabric pieces should be at least 3-4 inches wide.
-As far as length, cut it as long as you need so you can wrap it around the scarf to hid the knots you just made.
2. Cut a piece of Heat and Bond that is as wide as your fabric.
3. Cut off any extra yarn after making your knot, then lay your strip of fabric right side down under one of the knots
4.Wrap the fabric tightly around the scarf.
5. Place a strip of Heat and Bond under the flap and iron for 5 seconds to seal it.
**Same instructions go for people using a hot glue gun. Glue down the fabric you just wrapped
6. Do this to Each Corner you Tied off
Step 6: YOURE FINISHED!!
Wrap it around your next twice and you have yourself a yarn infinity scarf!
To see more of my DIY projects go to korrinewojcik.blogspot.com