This instructable will show you how to do Nutella stuffed Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Nutella buttercream frosting (wow! that's a mouthful, litterally).
note: this is my first instructable, I hope it works! *crosses fingers*
check out my recipe blog for more Nutella recipes: http://www.maries-cuisine.com/
p.s: the little black specks are the vanilla seeds.
Step 1: The Cupcakes
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (or 1 tbsp vanilla paste)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1¼ cups milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
about 24 tbs Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and line cupcake trays.
2. On parchment paper (or in a bowl) sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In your mixing bowl, cream butter and vanilla bean seeds.
4. Add sugar to the butter mixture. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated, add the vanilla extract and mix well.
7. Divide the batter (using a 1/4 measuring cup) between the prepared paper liners.
8. Drop teaspoon sized dollops* of Nutella on top of the cupcakes. Do not push down. When the cake rises, it will close up on it's on.
8. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I might have gone a bit crazy with the size of my dollops.. you only live once right? (death by nutella! bring it on!)
Step 2: The Cooldown
Step 3: The Frosting
Yields: Probably a lot more than you actually need.
1 ½ c soft butter
1 c nutella
2 c icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbs milk or cream (optional)
1. Mix the butter and nutella on medium-high until smooth.
2. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar until just incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the vanilla extract. Optional: if you feel like the frosting is a bit too hard, add the milk or cream.
3. Mix until light and fluffy.
4. Frost cooled cake or cupcakes.
*The piping tip used for this cupcake is an 9PT extra large round tip (aka huge round mama). You could very well use a knife or any other piping tip for this. I like big ones. :)
I also topped the cupcakes with a hazelnut because they are both cute and tasty.
Step 4: Enjoy!
I Hope you've enjoyed my first instructable ever!
Here is my recipe blog if you're interested: http://www.maries-cuisine.com/