Introduction: Nutella Stuffed Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
I have an obsession with Nutella. It has invaded my cookies, my ice cream and my cakes. If you do not share my love of Nutella then turn back now as this recipe was not meant for you. As for the others who share my endless love of this yummy chocolate hazelnut spread, your mouth will water as you look through these steps.
This instructable will show you how to do Nutella stuffed Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Nutella buttercream frosting (wow! that's a mouthful, litterally).
note: this is my first instructable, I hope it works! *crosses fingers*
check out my recipe blog for more Nutella recipes: http://www.maries-cuisine.com/
p.s: the little black specks are the vanilla seeds.
Step 1: The Cupcakes
Yield: about 24 cupcakes
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (or 1 tbsp vanilla paste)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1¼ cups milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
about 24 tbs Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and line cupcake trays.
2. On parchment paper (or in a bowl) sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In your mixing bowl, cream butter and vanilla bean seeds.
4. Add sugar to the butter mixture. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated, add the vanilla extract and mix well.
7. Divide the batter (using a 1/4 measuring cup) between the prepared paper liners.
8. Drop teaspoon sized dollops* of Nutella on top of the cupcakes. Do not push down. When the cake rises, it will close up on it's on.
8. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I might have gone a bit crazy with the size of my dollops.. you only live once right? (death by nutella! bring it on!)
Step 2: The Cooldown
At this point your kitchen is starting to smell like pure awesomeness. You're thinking that instead of going all the way you'll just shove the cupcakes in your mouth as soon as the timer goes off. As your Nutella Anonymous mentor I encourage you to have patience because 1) you might burn your mouth & 2) you'll want to finish the job. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Step 3: The Frosting
Aww, I'm proud of you for making it this far into your cupcake making adventures without giving in to temptation and eating the unfrosted 24 cupcakes to yourself. Unless you did...... you did, didn't you.
Yields: Probably a lot more than you actually need.
1 ½ c soft butter
1 c nutella
2 c icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbs milk or cream (optional)
1. Mix the butter and nutella on medium-high until smooth.
2. Gradually add the sifted icing sugar until just incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the vanilla extract. Optional: if you feel like the frosting is a bit too hard, add the milk or cream.
3. Mix until light and fluffy.
4. Frost cooled cake or cupcakes.
*The piping tip used for this cupcake is an 9PT extra large round tip (aka huge round mama). You could very well use a knife or any other piping tip for this. I like big ones. :)
I also topped the cupcakes with a hazelnut because they are both cute and tasty.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Yay! you've made it! Chow down and enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk. Seriously though, if you can eat more than one, you're tougher than me and might develop diabetes in the coming seconds.
I Hope you've enjoyed my first instructable ever!
Here is my recipe blog if you're interested: http://www.maries-cuisine.com/