For all of those reasons and more, I present to you OCCU(PI) Bot; the first in a promising line of tireless, unstoppable, robotic class warriors.
Step 1: Go get stuff
You will need:
- A robot (My robot's name is Emiglio. He is Italian.)
- A megaphone (or battery-powered amplifier)
- An 1/8" male-to-male stereo cable
- Optional Arduino and Wave Shield (or a tape recorder and computer)
- M-type plug (also optional - see step 5)
- 9V battery clip (also optional - see step 5)
- 9V battery (also optional - see step 5)
- Soap dish (also optional - see step 5)
- 4' x 3/4 PVC pipe
- Something for a sign board (I used acrylic, but cardboard would do)
- Something to write a slogan (I used acrylic paint, but a Sharpie would work)
- Some tape, nuts and bolts, and zip ties
- And whatnot
Step 2: Mod a megaphone
If your megaphone doesn't already have an audio input jack, add one by following these instructions.
If a megaphone is too large and/or inappropriate for your bot, or you just want to use something different, you can try using a Radioshack Mini Audio Amplifier. This battery-powered amplifier is cool because not only does it have a built in speaker, but it also has an output jack to drive any small-sized speaker you wish.
Or, if your robot just has its own darned sound system, let it speak for itself.