Step 1: What You Will Need!
2. 1/2 yard of 45" wide fabric for the strap
3. 1 yard of medium weight fusible interfacing
4. Tape measure
6. Sewing machine or needle and thread
Step 2: Constructing the Cover
2. The cuffed ends of the sleeve will be the ends of the cover.
2. Stitch the sleeves together
3. Turn the cover right side out
Step 4: The Strap
2. Cut a strip of the matching fabric and interfacing the above length (length of mat plus 5 inches) and 5 inches wide
3. Iron the interface to the fabric following manufacturer' instructions
4. Fold the strip in half lengthwise with right sides together
5. Using a 1/2" seam stitch along the long edge of the strap -leaving the ends open
6. Turn the strap right-sides out and press so that the seam is in the middle of the inside of the strap
Step 5: Attaching the Strap to the Cover
2. Turn the cover wrong side out
3. Extend the strap to the end of the cover on the inside. Be sure the strap is straight and not twisted.
4. Stitch across the end of the cover being careful to catch the end of the strap
5. Turn the cover right-side out and inset mat
Step 6: Slip in Your Mat and Downward Face Your Dog!
2. Slip in your mat
3. Woo Hoo!