Every OMR Software works on integration with an ADF scanner. Once you scan all of your OMR Sheets using scanner, OMR Software reads those images and extract data out of them.
Here we'll use Smart Reader, an OMR reading software mostly used by major examination bodies of India.
Step 1: Template Creation in OMR Software
- Specify template name here
- Write description of the template
All multiple answers
- Allow this option, if you're having multiple answers in Questions
Number of questions to check
- Enter the number of questions to check on response sheet
Page - 1
In this option, specify whether a response sheet is single sided or double sided printed.
- Enter the orientation of timing tracks that may be left/right/both.
- Enter the distance from Timing tracks to cutting edges of omr sheet.
- Number of rectangles in timing tracks.
Click here to add image
- Here add front side of the black and white image of omr sheet.
Page - 2
Fill this option, if you're response sheet is double sided printed or having timing tracks on both sides
And finally click Save button.
Step 2: Make Entity in OMR Software
Entity means fields available in response sheet like Name, Roll No. etc.
To create entities, click on entity option.
- Add a new entity by clicking on Add button.
- Here you will specify name of entity.
- Enter the orientation of the entity.
Number of Rows
- Specify Number of rows in entity.
Number of Columns
- Specify Number of columns in entity.
- Here specify on which side entity is placed on omr sheet.
- Specify number of columns in your entity.
Finally click save button to save the entity.