Introduction: Oatmeal, Walnut and Dried Plum Cookies
Oatmeal, Walnut and Dried Plum Cookies
I’m not usually a big fan of oatmeal cookies, but I’m obsessed with these. (My mom, an oatmeal cookie connoisseur, just can’t get enough.
- cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- S cup maple sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- S cup maple syrup
- ½ cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. molasses
- ¼ cup chopped dried plums or other dried fruit
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and molasses. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Fold in the dried plums and nuts.
- Using your hands, roll tablespoon-size scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly on the balls to flatten the tops. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool completely.
- For variety, replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat pastry flour, barley flour, spelt flour, or a gluten-free baking mix (choose one that does not include baking soda and baking powder). You can also substitute chocolate chips for the dried fruit and any kind of nuts for the walnuts.
Read More Great Vegan Recipes at allgonevegan.com