Introduction: Oats Kuzhi Paniyaram (Ball Pancakes)
- Kuzhi paniyaram is south indian dish called by diffrent names appe,paddu,ponganalu or kuzhi.These are normally prepared using dosa or idli batter.
- Paniyaram is made on special pan which comes with multiple fissures, where batter is steamed using mould.
- We can also prepare them instantly using oats and veggies.We can also call them as ball pan cakes.
- 2 Cups oats
- 3 tablespoon maize semolina
- 4 tablespoon rice flour
- One cup yoghurt
- One grated carrot
- One onion chopped
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- One teaspoon ginger garlic paste
-One teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- Few curry leaves
- Cooking oil
Step 1: Saute Oats
-Take 2 cups oats in vessel and lightly saute them on low flame for few minutes
Step 2: Making Batter
-First before making batter we need to do tempering for batter by sauteing onions and grated carrot.
- Take a vessel and add oil. when oil is heated add teaspoon cumin seeds. When they splutter add finely chopped onions and saute until they are cooked
- Next add grated carrot and saute for sometime.
Step 3: Add Spices
- Next add teaspoon red chilli powder and salt as per taste and give a mix.
- After mixing switch off the stove
Step 4: Add Maize Semolina and Rice Flour to Onion Carrot Mixture
-Add 3 tablespoon maize semolina and 4 tablespoon rice flour to sauted onion,carrot mixture
Step 5: Add Sauted Oats and Yoghurt
- After adding rice flour add sauted oats and one cup yoghurt
Step 6: Add Little Water and Make Semi Loose Batter
- After adding yoghurt mix everything.Add little water slowly and make a semi loose batter as shown in my image
- Add curry leaves to batter and mix
Step 7: Making Paniyarams
-Take kuzhi paniyaram pan and heat it. Once heated just add a drop of oil in all holes and fill all holes with batter.
- Cover and cook for few minutes. When bottom side turns brown flip and cook on other side for few more minutes.
Step 8: Serve
Serve oats kuzhi paniyarams with any chutney or some spicy curd.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.