Introduction: Obstacle Detecting Smartphone Operated RoboCar Using Arduino
In this project we have made a Robocar in which two ultrasonic sensors, one bluetooth module has been interfaced with Arduino.
Step 1: Software Used:
These are the software we have used for this project:
1. Arduino IDE: You can download the latest Arduino IDE from this link:
2. Bluetooth terminlal mobile application: This is a android mobile application from which are givingthe commands to our robocar.
Step 2: Component Used:
1) Arduino UNO: Arduino/Genuino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328P (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz quartz crystal, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
2) HC-05 Bluetooth Module: HC‐05 module is an easy to use Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Protocol) module,designed for transparent wireless serial connection setup.The HC-05 Bluetooth Module can be used in a Master or Slave configuration, making it a great solution for wireless communication.This serial port bluetooth module is fully qualified Bluetooth V2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 3Mbps Modulation with complete 2.4GHz radio transceiver and baseband. It uses CSR Bluecore 04‐External single chip Rluetooth system with CMOS technology and with AFH (Adaptive Frequency Hopping Feature).
2. Ultrasonic Sensor(HC-SR04 ): We are using two ultrasonic sensors in our project. Ultrasonic range sensor( HC - SR04) provides 2cm - 400cm distance measurement function, the ranging accuracy can reach to 3mm. The modules includes ultrasonic transmitters, receiver and control circuit.
3. Motor Driver(L298N): The L298N H-bridge module can be used with motors that have a voltage of between 5 and 35V DC. With the module used in this tutorial, there is also an onboard 5V regulator, so if your supply voltage is up to 12V you can also source 5V from the board.
4. Dc gear Motor: In this project we are using two Dc gear motor
Step 3: Circuit Diagram
Step 4: Working Principle:
Working Principle is very simple. We have connected smartphone with Bluetooth module and sends the command which is received by Arduino and car gets in motion and whenever an obstacle is encountered in-front or back side, the vehicle automatically stops and the buzzer will blow up. Then it will wait for the next command.
Step 5: Video of the Project:
The whole Project Description is given in above video
If you have any doubt regarding this project feel free to comment us below.
And if you want to learn more about embedded system you can visit our youtube channel
Please visit and like our Facebook Page for frequent updates.
Thanks & Regards,
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.