Step 1: What You Need
- 1 Can whole peaches if you can find them. I used peach halves.
- 1 Small bag spaghetti.
- Butter to taste.
- Several Goldfish Colors.
- Several raisins.
- Several dried cranberries.
- Your choice of mixed vegetables for sea plants. ( I used carrots, onions, purple cabbage and parsley because that is what I had. )
- Parmesan cheese ( shredded.)
- Parmesan cheese grated.
Step 2: Supplies
- Cutting board.
- Clear bowl.
- Fork or spoon to stir.
- Tooth Pick for poking the holes for eyes and mouth.
- Clear Pedestal bowl.
- 2 Gallon zip lock bags.
- Blue food coloring.
- LED light.
For the jar specimen you will need:
- Everything for making the clear bowl octopus plus:
- 1 Small jar with lid.
- Blue construction paper.
- Straight edge.
- Led light ( optional )
Step 3: Cook the Spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions.
- Strain off the water.
- Place in a bowl not the container it will be displayed in.
- Add butter.
- Stir well.
- Place the spaghetti carefully into the display bowl.
Step 4: Octopus
- With a tooth pick make the eye and mouth holes.
- Place raisins and cranberries in the eyes and mouth.
- You might need to cut them smaller.
- Place the octopus where you want.
- Arrange the vegetables to look like a ocean scene.
- Arrange the fish crackers in the front.
Step 5: Jar Octopus
- If using hot dogs, cooked vegetables, or noodles go ahead and cook them. It is best to boil the hot dogs.
- While they are cooking start making the back drop for the jar..
- Cut the construction paper half way around the jar so the octopus can be seen.
- Tape it to the outside of the jar with the best side of the jar to the front.
- Place the spaghetti or noodles in the jar carefully not to smudge the sides with oil.
- Cut the legs for the dogs by looking at the pictures.
- Place the raisins and cranberries in the eyes and mouth of the peach or hot dog
- Set the octopus in the jar as desired.
- Place the vegetables around the octopus.
- Set the jar on top of a LED light ( optional ).
- Add lid.
Step 6: Pedestal Octopus
- Follow the directions for making the octopus in the previous steps.
- Place the spaghetti in the pedestal bowl.
- Arrange the vegetables around the octopus.
- Place the Led light in the bottom of the stand.
I double bagged it to be safe. I really liked the fish crackers. I think it brought a lot of life to the arrangement.
Step 7: Bento Style
Here is the Bento style:
I arranged it in the same way as I did the other arrangements only I used a Wendy's box. I thought it turned out real cute. I only cut 6 legs because the Vienna's were too brittle.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
These were a lot of fun to make. I liked all the different variations. The Vienna's were harder to work with though. You might have noticed that I braided some of the spaghetti. I think it was hard to braid because I cooked them a little too long. I wanted to use the onion to tie ribbons on the ends of the braid but they did not work very well. I tried celery but they did not work either. If you have any suggestion please share them. I think it would be awesome to have made them with braids and bows.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.