I made this organizing tool in order to secure and to round up the odds and ends that seem to migrate to the bottom of all of my bags. You can cater the sizes of the pockets to the items that you wish to wrangle. I made a few different sized pockets, and you can see that the finished product held small items like a pencil or a key chain swiss army knife. I completed this in about 20-30 minutes so it is definitely amenable to beginning sewers!
- Fabric (three cut-outs: one 11"x17" and two 5"x7")
- Thread (not pictured, but I used white)
- Ribbon or something else to tie the whole thing together
- Standard sewing machine (I used the one at TechShop!)
- Water soluble pencil (or chalk) - anything that you can use to mark the fabric
- Optional: iron/ironing board (This makes creating hems easier, especially if you want tiny allowances.)