Step 1: Supplies
100 strips of lightweight card stock cut between 1in and 1/2 in. for Origami Lucky Stars[100 stars makes about 4 feet of garland, this may vary depending on how long you want to make your garland, the number is only a suggestion.]
Crochet Cotten size 10
Tatting needle size 5
Round tip Pliers
**Martha Stewart Glitter paint [I used Cotton Candy Pink, Amethyst and Sugar Cube]
Step 2: Fold Your Stars
1.Make a loop with your strip of card stock
2.Make a knot from the loop.
3.Pull out the of the paper from the knot out.
4.Tuck your edge into an opening.
5.Fold over the pentagon shape wrapping your paper around.
6.Tuck the end piece into an opening.
7.Pinch the sides of the pentagon to puff the star.
8.Lucky star is complete!
Now make about 100 or so more, the amount depends on the length of the garland.
Step 3: Paint the Stars
1. Coat the stars in as many or as little coats of glitter paint as you'd like.
Step 4: Load Your Thread
2. Puncture each star with needle slide onto the thread.
Step 5: Needle Tatting: Pattern Split Rings
Ring 4-4-4-4 close
Bring your need back though the star and slide on
Next create a split ring
Thread on one side needle 4-4, then unthread the needle and using tail work in reverse repeat 4-4 Then re thread and close.
[If your still confused Check out Totusmel's video]
Slide your star on and contiune
When you run out stars close the garland with 4-4-4-4
Step 6: Attaching the Remaining Stars
2. Slip head pin into the the star.
3. Using round tip pliers make a loop and snip off excess with wire cutters.
4. Attach to picot on the second split ring from your starting end and secure by closing .