So began a full tune up of the engine, plugs, points, carb rebuild, new water pump kit, wires, bilge pump, oil, filters, and much more. After the tune up the engine was purring like a kitten.
Me and a buddy also pulled out all the carpet in the floor and replaced it with fiberglass reinforced panels to give the floor a white textured fiberglass finish, much more durable than carpet and easier to keep clean. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the floor replacement so here we are.
As you can see from the photos the boat is little bit cosmetically challenged, we used it over the fall and early this spring and I finally decided to dry dock it and really clean this thing up.
Here is a list of what I am planning/doing to the boat and there will be an instructable for each step:
1. Strip the hull and deck of the boat and paint it with white marine paint.
2. Insulate the back compartment to make a cooler/fishbox.
3. Replace all the vinyl on the boat with fresh marine vinyl.
4. Sew a new bimini top and cover for the boat out of marine canvas.
5. Replace the tachometer and fuel gauge that are currently broken.
6. Replace the poor chewed up propellar.
So the objective of all these projects is to do them as cheaply as possible hence the reason I am going to sew my own vinyl and canvas. Stay tuned of the progress, the painting should be finished in the coming week and I will have good pictures and instructions.