Introduction: Omelette Pizza
Omelette Pizza is very simple and healthy dish that can be served at any time of the day. The eggs along with veggies form the base of the pizza and topped with some more veggies and cheese. Omelette Pizza is very easy recipe to make within 15 to 20 minutes and satisfies the Pizza and Omelette cravings together.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Eggs - 6 Large
2) All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Tbsp
3) Butter - 1 Tbsp
4) Shredded Potato - 1 Small
5) Chopped Mushroom - 1/2 Cup
6) Chopped Green Pepper - 1/3 Cup
7) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - as per taste (Used 1/2 Cup)
8) Sliced Tomato - 1 Small
9) Pizza Sauce - 2 Tbsp
10) Oregano - 1/4 Tsp
11) Pepper - 1/4 Tsp
12) Half and Half - 1/4 Cup (Increase if needed more puffy)
13) Salt as per taste
Step 2: Beating the Egg
1) Crack all the eggs in a bowl.
2) To the eggs add oregano, salt, pepper and all purpose flour and beat till its lump free.
3) Add half and half to the above mixture, mix well and keep it aside.
Step 3: Sauteing the Vegetables
1) Place the pan on medium heat and add butter.
2) Once the butter melts add the grated potato and saute it for 2 minutes.
3) Then add the peppers and mushroom and saute till all the veggies are cooked.
4) Lightly season with salt and pepper. (as we have already seasoned the eggs)
Step 4: Cooking the Eggs
1) Reduce the heat to low and add the egg mixture to the sauteed vegetables.
2) After adding the egg mixture if required, mix the contents in the pan for 2 minutes.
3) Later allow the eggs to cook on Low Heat undisturbed for 3 - 5 Minutes so that the eggs are set.
4) Place it in the oven at 350 F for about 3 minutes or until omelette is puffed.
Note: If your skillet/pan has a plastic handle, wrap it in foil before placing it in the oven to avoid melting of the handle. (As shown in pic 1)
Step 5: Assembling the Pizza
1) Remove from the oven and spread the pizza sauce on the top of the omelette.
2) Arrange the tomato slices or any vegetables of your choice on it.
3) Sprinkle with cheese on the top and place back in the oven till the cheese melts.
4) Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 2 minutes and then transfer it to a plate. (the omelette pizza will slide easily on to the plate else take help of a spatula and slowly transfer it )
5) Cut into slices and serve hot.