Step 1: Materials
2. 1/2" pipe flanges (2 since I did 2 stools. I figured I would never use the other crutch otherwise)
3. 1/2" pipe threaded both ends (cut in half for 2)
4. #12 wood screws (I bought 1" but should have got 3/4". I had to cut them down) or carriage bolts.
5. #8 self tap sheet metal screws. Or you can drill through and use a nut and bolt.
6. 3/4" birch plywood. This is the nice stuff used for making cabinets. Any piece of sturdy wood would probably work just fine.
Step 2: Tools
1. Clear polyurethane (or paint or stain or just leave it unfinished) and Brush
2. Sabre saw and Hacksaw
3. Router (or file). Router not shown, I had already put it away and was too lazy to take it back out. You know what they look like anyway.
4. Drill and assorted bits
5. Sand paper