I like to think of this dish as a kind of soup without the broth. Warming, cozy and comforting, I make it all the time when I want something easy. It is kind of a non-recipe and can make good use of random bits of food you have lying around. Put as much or as little of each as you want/have. Improvise. Create.
One-Pan Roasted Winter Meal
- brussel sprouts, cleaned and quartered
- sausage or tofu (or your protein of choice)
- onion, chopped
- garlic, lots
- sauerkraut and some of the juice
- sun-dried tomatoes
- mushrooms, halved or quartered
- bell pepper any vegetable
- olive oil
- toasted sesame oil
- black pepper
- Preheat oven at 425ºF/220ºC/Gas Mark 7.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- All ingredients are to cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces. They should be around the same size so they bake evenly. Put everything directly into your casserole dish/baking pan.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the ingredients and mix until everything is saturated.
- Put the uncovered pan in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Check every 15 minutes and stir so nothing gets burned. When the carrots (or potatoes, if you use them) are soft, remove from heat.
- Garnish with Greek yogurt, hot sauce and more cracked black pepper. Dig in.