Introduction: One Pot Vegetable Couscous
- Couscous is a kind of wheat known as durum wheat and is available in all stores.
-It is the same material which is used to make semolina.
-vegetable couscous is very easy to make and itself serves as a full meal.
-It is flavored with variety of veggies and adding kidney beans or chick peas make it protein rich.
-It requires very few ingredients and is prepared in 20 mins.
- 2 cups of couscous
- Finely sliced cabbage,carrot
-Few capsicum slices
-1 diced onion
-green chilli or pepper
-salt for taste
-sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
-4 cups of water or vegetable broth
Step 1: Method of Preparation:
- Take a wide pot or a pan and add few drops of oil.
-When oil is heated add diced onions and green chilli and fry for few minutes.
Step 2: Adding Veggies:
-Next step is to add finely sliced carrots and cabbage.
-Allow to cook for few minutes by closing the lid.
-Add tomatoes and capsicum slices and fry for few seconds.
- Add kidney beans and salt.
Step 3: Final Step:
- Add about 4 cups of water and bring to boil by closing the lid. You can also use vegetable broth instead of water.
- when water comes to boil add couscous and mix slowly.
-Reduce the flame and close the lid.
-veggie couscous is read to serve.
Runner Up in the
20-Minute Meals Challenge
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.