Step 1: What you need
1. A wooden handle (70 cm ish..), or something similar. I used a childs rake (picture above)
2. Metal guitar string. Needs to be metal for the pickup to work.
3. Relay switch. This will be used as the pickup (check out my instructable for making this http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Pickup/ )
4. 1/4" mono audio jack.
6. Guitar Machine head
7. 2x Flat head screws. These will be the nut and bridge.
8. Small nut and bolt. Need to be a small enough gauge to pass through the eye at the end of the guitar string.
May need a Hand plane
Wood Glue / PVA Glue