Step 1: Supplies
- 1 Onion bag
- 1 Piece of ribbon, jute, rope, anything that you can use for a tie.
- 1 piece of White or colored cardboard approximately 4 X 6 inches ( I used an index card and folded it in half and trimmed some off it was kind of thin.)
- Colored marker
- Pinking scissors
- Straight edge
- Hole punch
- Tape optional
Step 2: Cutting the Onion Bag
- I trimmed off the top section of the bag leaving the company name.
- The bottom section is what we will use to make the gift bag.
Step 3: Inserting the Gift
- Insert the gift centering it in the bag.
- I know the bag is larger than needed but I wanted to save the extra for a different package down the line.
- The extra width also made the top fuller for a nicer appeal.
Step 4: Folding the Onion Bag
- Fold the sides of the bag towards the back of the Onion bag.
You may want to tape or glue this part.
Step 5: Tie the Bag
- I used jute to tie the bag but a bright blue ribbon would have set it off.
- You will need to work a little with the top section to make it flare out.
Step 6: Name Tag
- Cut the cardboard the size you want.
- I like the larger book markers so I made mine large.
- Pink the edges if you like the look.
- You could get creative with the card and do some stamping., write a message, poem, name or what ever you want on the name tag.
- Add the ribbon.
Step 7: Attaching the Name Tag
- Attach the name card to the bag.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts