CAUTION: Clearly this is not the greatest thing to be eating if you are watching your weight...unless you can tweak it a bit to make it less...well...fatty, cheesy, and greasy, while still maintaining the incredibly high deliciousness factor ;)
You will need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil or cooking spray, such as Pam
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (or margarine), melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese -- I used the Kraft Italian blend.
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni, partially cooked (I boiled it for 5 minutes so it was just slightly tender, but not completely cooked)
- Black pepper, to your own taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese -- I actually used a blend of grated parmesan, romano and asiago.
Note*** You will need at least a 4 quart slow cooker; anything smaller and you will need to cut the recipe by half.
Step 1: Prepare the Slow-Cooker
Step 2: Mix the Sauce
Step 3: Add the macaroni and cheese.
Step 4: Cheese it up!
Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, then reduce to LOW for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the sauce is set in the center and the pasta is tender.
Optional*** Fry some bread crumbs with butter or olive oil and sprinkle on top of the finished macaroni. I didn't do this step, but I might try it next time :)