Introduction: Whipped Cream Cookie Cake
This is a delicious and simple no-bake recipe that take 0 skill to execute
Step 1: Ingredients
- Heavy cream and sugar (or cool whip)
- Oreos (If you plan to do an Oreo crust you may been more than 1 packet) or other cookie.
- Butter if you are doing an Oreo crust
- Spring form pan (or any regular pan/dish if you are fine with not being able to remove before serving)
- Chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
- Whipped cream or frosting for border (optional)
Step 2: Make Crust (Optional)
I made a crust around the sides of the spring-form pan (I didn't do the bottom this time). Click here for a recipe. The crust isn't necessary for the cake to hold together.
Step 3: Prepare Layer Ingredients
- Crush oreos (I use a blender)
- Dip whole Oreos in milk or cream for about 5 seconds each
- Make whipped cream (or you could just use cook whip) by using the whisk attachment to whip heavy cream. For every cup of cream add 2 Tablespoons of sugar (I used powdered sugar).
*I did not list amounts since it depends on the size of your cake and the layers you choose.
Step 4: Layer the Cake
Alternate layers of cream, Oreos and optional other ingredients. This cake is whipped cream on the bottom, a layer of Oreos dipped in cream, whipped cream, crushed Oreos, cream, chocolate sauce, crushed Oreos, cream. You can make this into an ice cream cake by putting a layer on the bottom.
Step 5: Decorate and Let Set
Stick the cake in the freezer for at least an hour. To remove the cake run a blunt knife between the edge of the pan and the crust and then release the cake from the spring pan. The cake can be served frozen but I prefer to eat it after it has been in the fridge for 20 minutes. The piece on top was drawn in melted chocolate. A tutorial for the technique click here.