Step 1: Gather
1. One 8oz package softened cream cheese
2. One 16 oz package Oreos
3. 12 oz of bittersweet baking chocolate
1. Cookie sheet
2. Waxed paper
3. Microwave safe bowl
4. Large mixing bowl
5. Wooden spoon
6. Two forks
Yield: About 30 truffles
Step 2: Prepare the Oreos
Place the cookies into a gallon sized Ziplock bag, using a rolling pin to crush them. You may also use a food processor on low speed.
(2) Pour crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix
(2) Place the softened cream cheese into the mixing bowl with the Oreos and use a wooden spoon to mix it until creamy.
(3) With your hands, take bite-sized pieces of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Place each ball on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
(4) When all the balls have been formed, place the cookie sheet into the freezer for about 45 minutes or until the balls have hardened.
Step 4: Melt
Generally this is on low power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring often.
Step 5: Dip
(2) Roll the balls around until they are completely covered in chocolate.
(3) Using two forks, remove one truffle at a time and replace it onto the waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
(4) Immediately sprinkle some of the remaining Oreo crumbs onto the wet chocolate.
Step 6: Freeze and Enjoy
(2) Remove the truffles from the cookie sheet and display on a plate for everyone to enjoy.
(Or you may want to hide them, because they tend to disappear quickly.)