Step 1: Supplies
- 1 (12 X 12) or larger Piece of paper, fabrics, napkins, cloth napkins, hankies (preferably 2 sided colors.) or use 2.
- Iron on interfacing the size of cloth you will be making. (Omit if not making a napkin yourself.)
- Glue for eyes and head piece and red under the chin area.
- 2 Black buttons or felt for eyes.
- 1 Small red piece of felt for head.
- Raffia for nest.
- Sewing machine, only if you are making the napkin yourself.
- Needle and matching thread to sew buttons.
- How to fold the abundance hen here: http://www.origamispirit.com/2011/01/03/video-on-how-to-fold-an-origami-abundance-hen/.
- Iron and ironing board if using fabric. Makes it easier to fold.
If you are making your own napkin you will need 2 contrasting fabrics and 2 pieces of interfacing.