Step 1: Supplies
- 1 (12 X 12) or larger Piece of paper, fabrics, napkins, cloth napkins, hankies (preferably 2 sided colors.) or use 2.
- Iron on interfacing the size of cloth you will be making. (Omit if not making a napkin yourself.)
- Glue for eyes and head piece and red under the chin area.
- 2 Black buttons or felt for eyes.
- 1 Small red piece of felt for head.
- Raffia for nest.
- Sewing machine, only if you are making the napkin yourself.
- Needle and matching thread to sew buttons.
- How to fold the abundance hen here: http://www.origamispirit.com/2011/01/03/video-on-how-to-fold-an-origami-abundance-hen/.
- Iron and ironing board if using fabric. Makes it easier to fold.
If you are making your own napkin you will need 2 contrasting fabrics and 2 pieces of interfacing.
Step 2: Directions For Making The Napkin
Step 3: How To Fold The Abundance Hen
I recommend you to follow the pictures and watch the video a few times. Towards the end it is a little tricky. I could not follow it so I improvised.
Here is the video: http://www.origamispirit.com/2011/01/03/video-on-how-to-fold-an-origami-abundance-hen/.
I will be folding the hen with paper. For cloth it is the same except the folding of the head piece. I altered it for my modifications as shown in the pictures. I like my version better because it is more realistic.
Step 4: Eyes And Head Piece
Cut out eyes or use small buttons.