I have included origami diagrams, detailed instructions and a video.
(Note:Some of the images may be recycled from my previous origami instructable).
Step 1: What you need
You can use any paper that you like; origami paper, printer paper, tissue paper etc. I like shiny paper; if you don't have any you can use the wrapper from a chocolate bar.
If you are not using origami paper or paper that is perfectly square you will need scissors to cut it.
Making a square
To make a square from a rectangular piece of paper, fold the bottom left corner up to meet the top edge and cut off the bit of paper that is left over (see images below).
Step 2: Bird base: crease paper
- Place paper colour side down.
- Fold bottom edge up to meet top edge, unfold.
- Fold right edge over to meet the left edge, unfold.
- Fold bottom left corner up to meet top right corner, unfold.
- Fold bottom right corner to meet top left corner, unfold.