This instructable will teach you how to turn 96 triangles into an egg. Just to warn you, this instructable is very tedious and will take a lot of time, but its result will be very rewarding.
Step 1: Materials
- 96 equilateral paper triangles!!! (for egg)
- 12 triangles (for stand) (optional)
- Scissors (optional)l
- Glue (optional but recommended)
- Patience, and lots of it.
- Time, at least 5
days weeks months years decades centuries millenia hours
Step 2: Getting the Triangles
Now, this may be the hardest part of this ible, getting 96 paper triangles but there are several options of doing so...
- Buying a bunch of paper triangles
- Printing/ Drawing out 96 paper triangles and cutting them out
- Using this ible, though it will take a very long time.
- Using a die cut (what I did)
- Using a laser cutter (an option for those at HQ)
- Some other random things that are impossible.
If you pick the second and third choices (which are the most convenient yet tedious) you have a very long way ahead of you. Once you are done getting the triangles go to the next step.
Step 3: Making the units
The egg in this instructable requires 48 units that look like the ones below, the next few steps will show you how to make them. First, though, you have to divide the triangles up, one will be subunit A and the other will be subunit B.
Step 4: Subunit A
Subunit A is a triangular pyramid with the colored side out.
First, create mountain folds that go from each corner to the center of the opposite side. Just fold from corner to corner on all of the corners.
Then, push the centers of all of the sides in and try to get a pyramid shape.
Step 5: Subunit B
Now to make the second subunit, just make subunit A with white on the outside. Then lay it on the table and push down on the tip to invert it to make subunit B.
Step 6: Making the Unit
Now take subunit B and place it over subunit A and fold subunit B's corners under subunit A, make sure you tightly fold the corners over the edge of subunit A.
Now make all 48 of these units and then go to the next step.