1. 8.5" x 11" piece of paper (any color)
Step 1: Prepare a Square Piece of Paper
2. With the scissors, cut along the vertical edge and remove the excess 2.5 " flap.
Step 2: Fold the Base
2. Open and flip paper over to other side.
3. Fold inhalf horizontally, open, then fold in half vertically.
The square piece of paper should have 4 crease lines (2 diagonally from one side of the paper, and 2 dividing the paper in quarters from the other side of the paper).
Step 3: Fold the Body
2. Fold in the corner of one side diagonally in toward the center line so the closed, creased portion of the paper is on the top edge.
3. Repeat step two for the other corner on the same side.
4. Flip the paper over and repeat steps two and three, folding each corner in diagonally toward the center line.
Step 4: Fold the Wings
2. Flip over the paper and repeat for the other flap.
Step 5: Fold the Head and Tail
2. Crease the fold and repeat for the other side.
Step 6: Fold the Beak and Curl the Wings
2. Curl each wing toward the beak with your finger.
Step 7: Flap the Wings
Enjoy your new Origami Flapping Swan