Introduction: DIY Lampshade
This DIY has been long in the making! I love the graphic look and simplicity, yet I’ve been hesitant to jump on the origami bandwagon. As the trend has been around for quite some time now and DIYs are getting more popular than ever, the internet is full of origami DIY's – one better than the other. But for some reason, today I felt like giving it a go, and share mine with you all.
In today's instructable I will show you people, how to make a DIY-Lampshade.
Step 1: Requirements
The materials required to do this project are :
- Paper Cutter
- Origami paper
Let's get started!!
Step 2: Cut Some Strips
- Cut the paper in the form of a strips (small pieces).
- Make as many as you want, it all depends on how big Lampshade you need. For this lampshade i took measurement of 1inch height and 32cm width.
- Now fold the strip into half in the upward direction.
Step 3: Forming a Hollow Square:
- Fold the strip into four equal part forming an illusionary rectangle.
- Fold the rectangles on its boundary and join the end of a rectangle of both sides forming a hollow square.
- Paste them together with the help of fevicol.
- Similarly, do for the remaining of origami paper.
- Number of hollow square greater the lamp height.
Step 4: Building the Tower
- As you have successfully made a hollow square.
- Pile it up but in the 90-degree variation of the simultaneous block piled one upon another.
Step 5: Your Lampshade Is DONE
Add a light in the center of the lamp and see the magic.
Stay tuned for the further updates of the DIY projects.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.