They make a wonderfully romantic gift for girlfriends, fiances, wives or even moms. It's something you put time and effort into and will be cherished. And if you have one of those girls who knows the meaning of different color roses, I'll include a guide for what colors mean what.
DISCLAIMER: please be nice, this is my first instructable. Any positive feedback on how to improve this instructable is greatly appreciated.
Step 1: Materials
- Pair of tweezers
- Pen to mark reference lines (if desired)
- Pencil or pen to curl petals
- ***Time and lots of patience. IMPORTANT! If at any time you feel frustrated, take a break and come back. This can get frustrating and if you get frustrated you can easily mess up.****
Rose colors and meanings:
- Red: romance and love
- Deep Pink: "thank you"
- Regular Pink: happiness
- Light Pink: "sympathy" or condolences
- White: innocence and purity
- Yellow: friendship and caring
- Lavender: falling in love or enchantment
- Orange: desire
- Black (deep deep red): unfortunately has come to symbolize death. Not a good gift idea
- Blue: mystery, rarity and attaining the impossible
- Mixture of white and red: unity
If you have questions about other meanings, I recommend http://www.whatrosesmean.com/
Step 2: Prepare the Base
Reopen the paper and fold each end to the crease made in the previous step. (pic 1)
Unfold. Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat the process.
The creases on the paper should be like the ones in pic 2.