Introduction: Origami Starbox
The Origami Starbox is an upgraded and prettier of the classic origami box to add flare to your organizers.
Step 1: Crease a Diamond
- Fold a diamond-shaped piece of paper in half along the two corners.
- Unfold it and fold it in half in the opposite direction, then unfold it again.
Step 2: Crease in Half
- Change the orientation of the diamond back to a square.
- Crease the paper in half lengthwise to make a valley fold.
- Then crease the paper in half widthwise to make a mountain.
Step 3: Fold the Sides In
- Push the two sides in and allow the origami to collapse into the contours of the mountain and valley folds.
- Press down on the paper to make a permanent crease
- The result will be a kite-like shaped paper like shown in the picture.
Step 4: Fold Two Smaller Triangles
- Flip the kite-shaped origami 180 degrees, to fold the back flaps.
- Fold two smaller triangles on the back flaps of the kite.
Step 5: Fold in Two More Triangles
- Fold in two more smaller triangles by aligning the folded edge to the edges of the kite on both sides.
Step 6: Unfolding and Creasing
- Partially open or unfold the two bigger right-isosceles triangles, then press it down to crease it.
- This will make two small triangular pockets
Step 7: Fold the Flaps
- Fold the inner triangular flaps in half inwards.
- Then, fold the remaining outer flaps over the inner triangular flaps.
Step 8: Popping the Box
- Crease the bottom of the kite at the corners of the flaps by folding then unfolding it.
- Push on the wider and shorter end of the kite, to pop off the box.
Step 9: Folding the Stars
- Unfold each of the star arms on the along the creased edges of the popped-out box.