1. Start with your paper coloured side up. Fold in half, then in half again, as shown. Crease well, then open out again.
2. Turn the paper over and fold in half diagonally and in both directions. Crease well and open out once again.
3. Holding the points shown, bring them both down to the centre point on the bottom line. Flatten model. This is called a waterbomb base.
4. Fold bottom corners of front flaps up to the top corner. Repeat this on the back as well.
5. Turn the front flap to the left, like turning the pages in a book.
Do the same to the other side of the model.
6. Move the upper flaps toward each other, and tuck one into the other, as far as it goes.
7. When you flatten this, make sure the distances A & B shown are equal.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 on back of model, to get this.
9. Blow into base of tulip to inflate and shape the flower by pinching the openings with your thumb and index fingers and blowing.
10. Peel each petal down, slowly and carefully. Your tulip is now finished.
You can pair it with the flower stem as pictured.
I am putting it in my next instructable.
Step 1: Step 1
(You can use any kind of paper,)