Introduction: Origami X CUBE
This instructable will show you how to make a origami X-faced cube. You will need six sheets of square paper for this.
Step 1: Making the Individual Models
- Get a piece of square paper and put it color-side-down.
- Fold in in half.
- Fold the edges to meet the crease you just made.
- Flip it over.
- Fold the top left corner down to meet the bottom edge.
- Fold the bottom right corner up to meet the top edge.
- Fold the new bottom left corner up to meet the center line.
- Fold the new top right corner up to meet the center line.
- Slightly unfold what you did in steps 7-8.
- Repeat until you have six pieces.
Step 2: Assembly
Take one of the models and unfold it like shown in the first picture. Then, insert a model on each side of the first one by placing the triangular flaps into the opening of the first piece. Then, flip it over and fold the top and bottom pieces up to make the bottom of the cube. Now place another piece in front of it and put the bottom flap of the other piece into a hole, and both sides of the new piece into a hole on the piece on the other side of the cube. Now just continue adding pieces to close the sides of the cube and placing flaps into the appropriate holes.
Step 3: Admire!
Now you can sit back and enjoy your newly created awesome origami X CUBE!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.