Submitted by Powell Middle School for the Instructables Sponsorship Program.
Step 1: Step 1: Materials
1. Enough rocks (preferably large rocks that are the same color) to build multiple layers for the fire pit, and don't use sedimentary rocks!)
2. Several bags of cement
3. Enough gravel to fill the bottom of the fire pit
4. Several five gallon buckets (At least two)
5. A hose with running water
6. Several trowels
7. A flat building platform
8. A small shovel to remove any weeds or grass above the gravel floor
9. Multiple people to build ( The speed up the building process)
10. A mixing drill
11. Any size of kitchen sponge
12. Cement Sealant & a paint brush (Any kind will work as long as you trust it)
Step 2: Step 1: Getting Started
First, lay out the many assortments of rocks you collected near the site where you are building the fire pit. After this you need to put down the first layer of rocks around the area where the fire will be in a circle.