Your Iphone is dead, someone has run off with your Ipod wall charger, if only it where the future and all outlets were USB!
This instructable will show you how to convert a standard outlet into an inwall USB Charger. In about 30 minutes and for under $10.00.
Not only will this add a permanent place to charge your USB devices. It will get your home ready for the future, when most appliances are USB. (I make no guarantees this will happen)
Step 1: Materials / Tools
2 - Mini USB chargers ($3.00 - $9.00 on eBay)
1 - Blank wall plate (screws included)
1 - Existing wall Duplex.
Epoxy or other strong Glue
Flat Screw Driver
Exacto or utility knife
Drill or Dremel
Pencil or other making device.
Step 2: Create a templete
1. Plug the Mini USB chargers into the outlets. Because the USB ports are off center I decided to put them both toward the center. I think it looked better than having them the same direction or both on the outside.
2. Create a Template by placing tape over both chargers as shown in the photo, then cut the tae around the outer edge and don't forget to cut out the USB ports.
3. Mark the outline of the USB chargers on the front (outside) of the Face plate, so you know where the template should go.
4. Pull the Template off of the Chargers and apply it on to the Face plate. using the outline on step 3 to proper place the template.
5. Mark the Face to show where the USB ports need to be cut.
6. Cut the Metal Tabs off of the outlet so it will fit into the electrical box. The Face plate will hold every thing into place. Sorry for got to take a picture.
Step 3: Cut the holes in the wall plate
I prefer to use a Dremel tool, but I've cut many holes with just an Exacto knife.